Staff Awards & Recognition
As part of the 2019 Strategic Plan, the Student Affairs Awards and Recognition Committee was formed in order to establish more ways to recognize our staff members within the Division of Student Affairs. One of the results of this committee’s work is the creation of a set of annual awards that will now be given out each year to deserving individuals. Descriptions and applications for each award can be found below. Recipients of this year’s annual awards will receive a $250 monetary award in recognition of their exceptional contributions to the work of the Division.
All awards will be selected by majority vote of the Awards and Recognition Committee. If a member of the Awards and Recognition Committee is nominated for an award they will be recused from the voting process.
Student Affairs Values Awards
- Collaboration AwardThe Collaboration Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member who excels at sharing their time, talent, and resources with peers and/or other departments to best support students and the community.
- Community AwardThe Community Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member who connects people to the institution, one another, and/or a shared purpose.
- Inclusivity AwardThe Inclusivity Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member who creates an environment where all feel welcomed, accepted, and respected.
- Accountability AwardThe Accountability Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member who pursues solutions to problems, driving fiscal innovation, and/or providing evidence of results.
- Integrity AwardThe Integrity Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member who adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Excellence AwardThe Excellence Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member who applies a diverse pool of talents, strengths, and expertise to the continual development of high-quality programs and services.
- New Professional AwardThe New Professional Award recognizes an individual that works within Student Affairs that has worked in the field of higher education for less than 5 years and is a standout with new ideas and initiatives to enhance the student experience at Oklahoma State University.
- OSU Spirit Award
The OSU Spirit Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member that embodies what it means to be a member of the Cowboy Family:
- We end the day knowing we gave it everything we had.
- We dream only as big as the sky.
- We know challenges come with pain, but pain will not win.
- We have a passion to do what's right, even when it's hard.
- We stand for what matters, even if we stand alone.
- We finish what we start.
- Being a Cowboy isn't in our clothes, it's in our character.
- Winds of Change AwardThe Winds of Change Award recognizes a Student Affairs staff member who has been instrumental in supporting and advocating for diversity and inclusion in the workplace.