Wait, what happened? It’s almost finals week?
Never fear, #iamokstate is here with some tips for a smooth finals week. To make it even easier to process, we’re calling upon the wise words of a revered American artist.
Oh, of course we were talking about Beyoncé. Who else did you think?
Tell him, “Boy, bye”
You know that friend who never has to study and always begs you to hang out? It’s crunch time, and you’ve got to prioritize.
Make time for you. At the end of the day, you’re the one taking that final and the only one who can get that grade you want. #YouDoYOU.
Quizlet will help you test yourself with flashcards. Be a strong, independent person.
Replacing you is so easy
So that perfect chair you love to sit in while you study that’s in a perfect spot in the perfect building on campus? Yeah, it’s gonna be taken when you get there next week.
Finals week is rough because emotions run high, the Student Union will be busy and all the study spots in the library will be packed. If we’ve learned one thing from “Irreplaceable,” it’s that you will be fine, you might have to go to the left a little first.
If what you’re doing isn’t working, change it up. Listen to some new music while you study or find a study group.
PROTIP: Use faculty office hours. It’ll almost always give you an advantage on an exam.
You don’t deserve my tears
It’s really easy to get stressed during finals but don’t let it get the best of you.
- DO: Eat balanced meals and healthy snacks. Superfoods like blueberries, oats, quinoa, fish and avocados give your body safe and natural energy boost.
- DON’T: Eat burgers & pizza every night.
- DO: Get some exercise, even a quick 5 minute walk can help.
- DON’T: Let your body shut down because you haven’t gotten up in a hot minute.
- DO: Talk with your friends or University Counseling Services if you feel the stress getting to you.
- DON’T: Miss Pete’s Pet Posse and Pancakes at the Union to get rid of those bad vibes.
- DO: Stop in and visit the Reboot Center - It can help you de-stress and re-focus.
- DON’T: Forget to stay hydrated – drink plenty of water!
- DON’T: Consume sugary energy drinks or prescription drugs that were not prescribed specially for you. They can have negative and dangerous side effects when not taken as directed.
I woke up like this
You look good...you feel good, #amirite? Don’t be afraid to dress up a little for your final.
… But also don’t be afraid to wear exactly what you studied in. Psychologists say if you take an exam under the same conditions you studied (i.e. drinking coffee or wearing your hair the same way), you’ll perform better.
Trust us, it’s never a bad idea to wear #AmericasBrightestOrange.
I dream it. I work hard. I grind, ‘til I own it.
Kick that exam in the tailfeather. Remember, you’re #flawless.
We’ll see you after winter break. Good luck, Cowboys!