Our days at #okstate look different than they have in years past, but we’re committed to helping you set yourself up for success and maximize the time you spend on campus.
Stay Connected – to Wi-Fi, that is.
Some things on campus have changed since you were here last, including our campus Wi-Fi service! We recently switched to eduroam, which gives you access to Wi-Fi at any campus that uses the same service.
- Wireless connectivity is available in most areas of campus. Networks are set up for different groups of users and functions. Students connect to eduroam using their Okstate email address and password.
- Here’s a map of where the Wi-Fi spots are on campus, Cowboys!
The Low-Down on Hybrid Classes
Hybrid classes are probably a new everyday term to most of you. If you’re in a hybrid class and are worried about succeeding, here are some tips to help you out!
- Try to follow the class schedule, even on days you don’t actually attend class. This can help keep you get engaged in the class, and make sure you are staying on track.
- Check Canvas every day and enable notifications for any upcoming assignments. This ensures you don’t accidentally forget to do the homework.
- If you have questions or are having trouble navigating the course, talk to your instructor! They want you to succeed and are more than willing to help.
- Create and follow a study schedule. This will help you complete the things you need to get done for the course.
- If you’re bouncing in between virtual and in-person classes on campus, find a quiet place that will let you focus and engage in the online class. Planning ahead is key.
- Ask for help! There are many resources available to help you succeed. One-on-one tutoring is available and there are more resources available here.