Get your orange on, Pokes! The ROWDIEST time of year is finally here.
AMERICA’S GREATEST HOMECOMING CELEBRATION!
There’s nothing quite as sweet as the smell of fall and Cowboy football in the air.
Homecoming is a special time to welcome back alumni and create our own memories on this gorgeous campus.
To get you ready, we’re bringing you some of Oklahoma State University’s best and brightest traditions.
Thousands of alumni from across the country come home to see the HUGE house decs built by the Greek community and residential halls. Each house puts in hundreds of hours of pomping to complete these beautiful structures. You can check them out Friday night of Homecoming week.
Seriously, go. It’s amazing.
DEFINITION: Pomping is placing small tissue paper into chicken wire using glue and pencils all while following a designed grid. It’s pretty cool.
Homecoming and Hoops
Make sure you go to the pep-rally, Homecoming and Hoops! This is a great introduction for our basketball teams, cheerleaders and pom squads, and you’ll also get to meet the Homecoming execs and Royalty! Did we mention that there’s also a spirit contest?
MAKE GALLAGHER-IBA ROWDY!
TIP: Win a VIP pass by signing up for Socially Orange.
Sea of Orange Parade
Saturday morning, before the game, make sure to head downtown to the Sea of Orange Parade. President Hargis, Pistol Pete, Miss OSU and this year’s grand marshal, Rickie Fowler, will be there. Don’t miss it at 9 a.m. on Main Street between 9th and Hall of Fame.
It’s not Homecoming week without some Cowboy Football. Check out this handy Tailgating Guide in case you’ve forgotten a few things. If you want to brush up on the ins and outs of gameday, we’ve got you covered.
HINT: You can also win tickets to the game by signing up for Socially Orange!
Leading up to Saturday’s big game, make sure you attend all of the fun events throughout the Cowboy community. Here are some of the best:
- Orange Fountain Dyeing at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 8 in front of Edmon Low Library
- Sign Competition, Oct. 8 - Oct. 14 on Library Lawn
- Homecoming Tailgate at 5-7 p.m. Oct. 9.
Fun for All
Bring the whole family to these community wide events for an evening full of fun:
- Harvest Carnival and Chili Cook-off at 6 p.m. Oct. 10 at the Payne County Expo Center.
- Hester Street Painting beginning at 5 p.m. Oct. 11 between the Student Union and Boone Pickens Stadium.
Final Cowboy Tips:
- Show your love for our Homecoming tradition with the Cowboy Legend app - there are five fun Homecoming traditions to complete!
- Stay for the whole game on Saturday. It will be well worth it!
- Be loud at the game and watch the Cowboys kick some Baylor tushy!
- Wear your #AmericasBrightestOrange this SEAson! We want a sea of orange in BPS.
- If you are over 21 and choose to drink, do it responsibly but we’ve already talked about this.
- Check out the times and locations for each event here.
And last but certainly not least…HAVE A HAPPY HOMECOMING, POKES! #GoPokes!