- I am
- Division of Student Affairs
Student Affairs serves as an advocate and administrative conduit for all students.
The Division of Student Affairs provides essential student services (housing, medical
care, food service) as well as programs and services to support our Six Pillars of
Student Success: academic excellence, leadership development, service and civic engagement,
finding purpose, broadening horizons, and wellness.
The division has a total budget of $78 million, employs almost 400 full-time staff and more than 600 part-time student employees, and has staff on call 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
The Division of Student Affairs serves as a focal point and advocate for all students
and student services system-wide. In addition to providing unique programs, services,
and interventions we provide campus and system leadership and support for all aspects
of student services, student development and leadership needs, and campus and community
engagement. In collaboration with faculty, staff, and students we will intentionally
create a community which is educationally purposeful, open, just, disciplined, caring,
The Division of Student Affairs will anticipate and respond to the developmental and
emerging needs of the student; be nationally recognized as the most student centered
campus in the nation; and inspire students to be life-long learners and leaders.
Student Affairs endorses the following core values:
- Excellence – We seek excellence in all our endeavors and we are committed to continuous improvement.
- Integrity – We are committed to the principles of truth and honesty and we will be equitable, ethical, and professional.
- Service – We believe that serving others is a noble and worthy endeavor.
- Intellectual Freedom – We believe in ethical and scholarly questioning in an environment that respects the rights of all to freely pursue knowledge.
- Diversity – We respect others and value diversity of opinion, freedom of expression, and other ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Stewardship of Resources – We are dedicated to the efficient and effective use of resources. We accept the responsibility of the public’s trust and are accountable for our actions